Welcome to the Champlain Valley Chapter of ASHRAE Web Site
The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, (ASHRAE) has 176 Chapters across more than 128 countries. The Champlain Valley Chapter (CVC) of ASHRAE is located in the Burlington, VT area and is one of the 15 chapters within Region I. Our CVC Chapter members are composed of engineers, designers, consultants, contractors, equipment representatives, building owners and operators, and professionals interested in efficient HVAC&R technology. This website has been developed to keep our members and the general public informed of scheduled events as well as providing our members a resource to perform chapter operational functions, and a location to archive out Chapter’s history, activities, reports and events.
October Chapter Event: Wednesday 10/5
5:15 Registration, Networking, Cash Bar
6:00 Chapter Business
6:30 Presentation: Tony Vale of Carel USA “Humidification and Evaporative Cooling”
– The importance of humidification (Why Humidify).
– Types of Humidification – Isothermal & Adiabatic – Differences, Advantages.
– Direct & Indirect Evaporative Cooling – When, why & where do we do it
– Discussion of the following concepts:
1. Adiabatic Process
2. Water Atomizing Technologies
3. Evaporative Cooling Applications
4. Direct evaporative cooling performance
5. Indirect evaporative cooling performance
6. Temperature Control through evaporative cooling
7. Evaporative cooling for AHU renovations